Detailed Selection Process
Phase A : Application Phase
- Application Form– Your application form will help us understand more about you and your motive towards volunteerism and VFI
- Virtual Interview – After the successful selection of your application, you will be interviewed by a panel of VFI coordinators. Two candidates from top 10 of the 12 cities will be selected for the programme as VFI Interim Chapter Leads.
Phase B : Orientation & Ideathon Phase
The Interim Chapter Leads are officially welcomed into the VFI Family of volunteers through a series of formal and informal sessions that includes
- Virtual Orientation & Induction into VFI
- A virtual VFI Ideathon where applicants are guided to build together an idea as a team of two, towards a social cause in their base city.
At the end of this phase, you will submit the implementation plan for the next 6 weeks.
Phase C : Implementation Phase
- The plan generated during the Ideathon will be implemented in the next six weeks.
- You should work with a minimum of 20 volunteers during this phase.
- A Grant of 5000 INR per city will be provided to support through this implementation phase.
Continuity Phase : VFI Chapters
- Interim Chapter Leads who are interested in continuing their journey are invited to apply for setting up Volunteer for India Chapters in their respective cities.
- Your six week project will be evaluated by experts on the aspects of leadership, quantifiable output and engagement of at least the minimum number of volunteers as promised.
- Chapters are selected based on the applications received and the evaluation of six week initiation project.
- Selected Interim Chapter Leads get promoted as Chapter Leads of their particular city to take the VFI movement forward in their city as an official VFI Chapter.